Heaven Publicity is looking for a Junior Account Executive to join its small, enthusiastic and creative team. You should be an effective communicator with strong writing skills, passionate about travel (if you’ve been skiing or snowboarding, even better) and have some experience of PR. Most of all, you need to be willing to get stuck in to whatever tasks are thrown your way!
The ideal candidate will have completed an internship in PR (or similar) and be a team player. Graduates who have little or no PR experience will also be considered. They will assist with a variety of PR and administrative duties; time management is vital as the role will be fast-paced and varied.
Tasks will include:
- Researching and writing press releases, answering journalist requests and formulating news stories
- Helping organise press trips, including working on itineraries and booking flights
- Taking part in brainstorms, planning sessions and new business research
- Keeping abreast of current trends in the travel industry by looking at newspapers, magazines and websites
- Looking after Heaven Publicity’s social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- Assisting with monthly reports, organising cuttings, sourcing images and keeping the database up to date
- Working with the team to plan networking events for clients (and attending these events)
- English: you need to have excellent written and spoken English, and top proof-reading skills
- Creativity: you need to have a flair for producing engaging and inspiring copy
- Strong interpersonal skills: you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic in relation to the team, clients and journalists
- Excellent telephone manner: we talk to people; you need to have the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to people and do it in a friendly and professional manner
- Multi-tasking: the job is fast-paced, varied and often time restricted; you will need to know how to manage your time, tasks and deadlines
- Computer savvy: you need to know how different programmes work plus all social media platforms
- Additionally, you need to have excellent attention to detail (paramount when working in PR) and know the importance of flexibility (you never know what might come your way!)
It would be great if you have an undergraduate degree in English, History or one of the creative disciplines. Ideally, you will have at least one year’s experience in PR, a qualification in a second language and will be passionate about travel and snow sports. If you’ve also done a ski season, we’ll consider it a benefit!
If you’re keen to join Heaven Publicity’s fun and boutique team, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you think this is the ideal role for you, to Rosie Barcroft (email@example.com, 0203 763 5170).
Deadline: Saturday 28 April 2018