‘Tis the season to be jolly and also the time to gather around with family and friends. Here are some fun tea-time teasers for you to add to your Christmas quizes. Don your Christmas jumper and your thinking cap, think of some original, punny team names and enjoy!
- In which country is Father Christmas accompanied by “whipping Santa”, an evil alter ego who whips naughty children?
- Where does snow have to fall for there to be an official declaration of a white Christmas in the UK?
The roof of the Meteorological Office in London
- How many times is the word “snow” sang in the song “Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!”
- What was the “true love” in “Twelve Days of Christmas” given on New Year’s Eve?
Seven swans a swimming
- In which country were the first Winter Olympic Games held in 1924?
- What wakes up baby Jesus in the song “Away in a Manger”
- In which ski region will the World Snow Festival be celebrated from 18th-23rd January 2016?
The Jungfrau Ski Region, Switzerland
- Between which years was Christmas banned in Cuba?
- In which American city did the city’s Common Council pass a decree in 1992 that any more snow before Christmas Eve would be illegal?
- Which Christmas tale protagonist said “”Merry Christmas! What right have you to be merry? What reason have you to be merry? You’re poor enough.”
Ebenezer Scrooge, A Christmas Carol
- In which country is Christmas celebrated on 7th January?
- What were the names of the burglars in Home Alone?
Marv and Harry