Attention all Francophiles, Pierre & Vacances, the leading provider of self-catered accommodation across Europe, has now opened most of its 165 French destinations to clients following France’s lockdown earlier this year, on 17 March.
France announced a ‘progressive and controlled’ lockdown exit plan. The easing of visitor restrictions is coinciding with the opening of accommodation, cafes, bars and beaches. We can confirm that swimming pools in France are open and complying with the protocols set by the relevant health authorities. This includes testing the water and complying with social distancing measures which means, for the time being, no use of sunbeds.
Preparing for a “new normal” to host guests – and because the rules during a pandemic simply don’t apply to whatever we consider “real” life – Pierre & Vacances is offering unprecedented flexibility in booking even before guests are allowed to actually embark on the trips. Uncertainty is the operative word here, but flexibility is another one.
Giving guests the confidence to book and travel with Pierre & Vacances is the priority. Cathy Rankin, UK & Ireland Sales Director, Groupe Pierre & Vacances, says: “We are committed to offering the peace of mind to book with flexibility and to guarantee the security of keeping visitors safe during their stay too. We are calling this ‘Peace of Mind’ our Serenity Guarantee.”
Customers can opt for the Flexible Rate allowing cancellation, free and unconditional, up to three days before the start of their stay and benefit from a deposit of only €1 at the time of booking. This offer is valid on all Pierre & Vacances’ residences, premium residences, and villages (except partner residences, look for the sign on the website), for stays in France until 31 July 2020. For all stays from 1 August to 25 August 2020 inclusive, in France, cancellation is also free and unconditional, but up to eight days before arrival.
The safety of customers and employees remains Pierre & Vacances’ priority. Pierre & Vacances’ security experts and health authorities have worked on implementing all the reinforced hygiene and protection measures to guarantee guests a high level of security. This Safety + Charter has been certified by Hygiacare Conseil, an independent body expert in health safety.
Through this Safety + Charter Pierre & Vacances is committing to:
- Adopt all the recommendations of the health authorities in respect of Covid-19
- Communicate all the preventive measures being implemented in view of the risks of transmission of Covid-19
- Train employees on barrier actions and measures implemented under the Safety + Charter as well as provide them with personal protective equipment
- Introduce signage to facilitate social distancing of 1.5 metres in reception areas and play areas,
- Provide access to hydro-alcoholic gel for customers and staff in common areas
- Increase the cleaning and disinfection measures, in particular in accommodation, common and reception areas, thermal-recreational areas (swimming pool, sauna, Hamman) and contact points (e.g. lift panels, handles doors, payment terminals, etc.) by adapting the cleaning-disinfection products meeting the virucidal standard EN 14 476 as indicated against Covid-19
- Double check the certification and cleaning of all the ventilation systems
- Double check the laundry procedures of linen and sheets of the accommodation according to the recommendations of the health authorities
- Deep clean the crockery (plates, cutlery, glasses, and cups) of the accommodation according to the recommendations of the health authorities before making the accommodation available
- Check the ventilation of all rooms in the accommodation before the accommodation is made available
- Ensure regular disinfection takes place throughout the day of all contact points with a virucidal disinfectant meeting the standard indicated against Covid-19
- Establish and apply reinforced health and safety instructions regarding access to the thermal play areas in accordance with the recommendations of the authorities in force
- Establish and respect a risk management protocol in the event of suspected contagion to Covid-19
Pierre & Vacances offers a wide choice of accommodation, from studios for two people to houses for 12. The largest houses for up to 12 people are likely to prove popular for multigenerational travel groups this year. With comfortable spacious apartments, well-appointed kitchens, open indoor and outdoor space plus facilities to be fully independent. It’s a great choice for a stay in complete privacy and it’sno doubt, that opting for self-catering allows guests to enjoy that family bubble holiday that many will be looking for this year
Pierre & Vacances will be very happy to welcome visitors from the UK. It is feasible that people will jump on the Eurotunnel and as the parks are all self-catering, we hope this is a preferred model for people to take a holiday. Pierre & Vacances has great parks open all year round such as Holiday Village Port-Bourgenay in the heart of the Vendée, which is nestled in a large wooded park on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, plus residences in the South of France, the Alps, Provence and Brittany.
For more information please call 0870 0267 145 or visit www.pierreetvacances.co.uk