Longest Season-To-Date Brings New Lift, Green Power Program and JH Insider App
(Teton Village, WY, November 27, 2019) Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR), the ultimate big mountain destination located in Teton Village, Wyoming, is prepped and ready to welcome guests to another season of skiing and riding with its longest season yet. The legendary ski area, known for its enviable vertical rise, vast terrain and unsurpassed natural beauty, opens Thanksgiving Day 2019, officially welcoming 137 days of skiing and riding in the famed Tetons.
For the 2019-2020 season, JHMR’s President Mary
Kate Buckley confidently welcomes guests to Jackson Hole’s 54th season noting,
“It’s been a busy summer and fall packed full of operational enhancement
projects all over the mountain.” “We’re ready for a great winter ahead and
look forward to putting JHMR’s new improvements to work,” Buckley offers.
Upgrades like the new Eagle’s Rest Chairlift and JHMR’s transition to a 100%
Green Power Program, to a freshly launched App, are just some of the most
exciting efforts aimed at elevating the Jackson Hole experience.
Additional Winter highlights, details and operational upgrades include:
- LIFTS AND TERRAIN: Brand new quad chair lift (opens Dec. 2019) expands uphill access to the new Solitude Station Learning Center, making access to a dedicated terrain-based learning beginner ski area more efficient. An additional 14 new cabins have also been added to Sweetwater Gondola significantly increasing capacity to Solitude and Casper-area terrain.
- FACILITIES AND SERVICES: New state-of-the-art ticketing center located at the Tram Building delivers a more efficient ticketing process complimenting other base area improvements.
- SNOWMAKING AND TERRAIN: Investment in snowmaking for enhanced early season terrain access with extensive mountain glading, significantly expands skiable terrain.
- PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION: More efficient parking solutions with the addition of 242 new parking spaces at the Stilson Transit Center with increased express shuttle service to Teton Village addresses parking and public transportation capacity.
In addition to infrastructure enhancements, JHMR is excited to announce the launch of an entirely new digital experience with the new JH Insider App. “This powerful and essential mobile tool is designed to deliver the best on-mountain experience for every guest,” notes JHMR’s Chief Brand Officer Tyler LaMotte. “It’s a great way for guests to stay informed with the most current resort insider information before, during and after a visit,” LaMotte offers. JH Insider allows guests an enhanced Jackson Hole experience with the following new and familiar active functions including:
Helpful Resort Information:
- Get daily snow and weather reports in real time
- See up-to-the-minute lift wait times and mountain status information
- View top-to-bottom webcams, including parking lot availability
- Check a.m. and p.m. grooming conditions and status
- Easily reference interactive maps and location identification on the mountain
Personalized Mountain Experience:
- Track your days, runs, vertical, lifts, and time on the mountain
- Find your friends or family members and see their location on the mountain
- Chat with friends and family directly from the app and share your location
- Reference individual activity levels through seamless interaction with Apple Healthkit on iPhone
- Apple Watch integration enables quick interaction with information and leaderboard tracking
JH Insider Benefits: Special promotions, key alerts, and more
JH Insider App is free and available for download from Apple and Google or via jacksonhole.com/jh-insider-app
Winter 2019-2020 promises to deliver another memorable season for skiers and riders and JHMR’s commitment to enhancing the mountain experience for every guest has never been higher.
About Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) located in Teton Village, Wyoming, is a values-led, family owned, iconic mountain destination with a purpose of enriching the lives of its guests, employees, and community through authentic, and memorable big mountain experiences only found in the Tetons. Jackson Hole famously delivers the finest powder snow with 4,139 of continuous vertical feet of legendary terrain and 2,500 acres of the best beginner, intermediate and expert terrain. Neighboring celebrated Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, and operating in the Bridger-Teton National Forest, makes Jackson Hole an exceptional and unique global destination. With an enduring commitment to the surrounding landscape, wildlife and authentic community character, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort strives to live by its values by reducing environmental impact and in doing so runs 100% of its operations on Green Power. jacksonhole.com / Twitter @ jhski / Instagram @jacksonhole #jacksonhole #jhdreaming