The newest addition to Ski Safari’s Swedish portfolio: Stöten

Family fun is the not-so-secret ingredient that makes every Ski Safari family ski holiday a memory to cherish forever. Its varied range of inspired holidays includes everything from beginner friendly resorts to advanced family resorts . . . playing together and staying together is at the heart of every one of its family destinations. 

The newest addition to Ski Safari’s Swedish portfolio is Stöten (pronounced “stir-ten”). Undiscovered by the UK market – 80% of the visitors here are Swedish whilst the remaining 20% arrive by car from the other Scandinavian countries – its pristine slopes are blissfully uncrowded even during peak holiday weeks. It’s the perfect choice for families that want to escape the usual school holiday mayhem. It’s no surprise that Scandinavia is Ski Safari’s fastest-growing area, with more and more people realising what Norway and Sweden have to offer.

Stöten’s soft peaks provide endless views across vast wildernesses where Sweden’s beautiful landscapes are on show with vistas over the border into Norway. It’s a fantastic destination to unwind and get away from it all. Stöten’s 43 slopes, which are particularly suited to beginners, offer a friendly learn to ski atmosphere with some really nice touches, like being able to help children to a warm drink (free of charge) at the base of the lifts. For more seasoned skiers there are five black runs and a World Cup slope which are all linked by an efficient lift system.

The excellent English speaking ski school run lessons in the morning. Families are then free to spend the afternoon skiing together or try some of the other activities on offer. Stöten has a great range of non-ski activities within easy walking distance of the accommodation, from the usual tobogganing to exhilarating snowmobile safaris, 4×4 test drives and snow-tubing through to tranquil snowshoeing walks for full immersion into the local nature.

There are few resorts that truly lend themselves to offering a combination of downhill action and a mix of off the slope activities. Stöten is one of those rare resorts that triumphs at both.

Parents will appreciate the convenience of the village wherever they stay (ski-in ski-out hotel or self-catering apartments), with free access to the indoor pool and sauna facilities at Vattufjäll included with the lift pass. At the heart of Stötentorget (the main square in Stöten), the Stöten Ski Hotel offers everything under one roof – comfortable rooms, great après-ski and a fantastic restaurant, just steps away from ski rental, a swimming pool and bowling alley. Stöten Mitt, at the base of the slopes and at the heart of the resort, is a collection of well-designed apartments, equipped with everything needed for a self-catering stay.

Last but not least, Sweden’s exceptional cuisine and stylish, candle-lit dining is something they do so well. The seafood and game are some of the best tasted, and there are a host of more unusual local delicacies featuring elk, reindeer and arctic char on some menus.

How Much?
A week’s ski holiday over February half term staying at the ski-in ski-out 3*+ Stöten Ski Hotel on half board basis costs from £869 pp for two adults and two children (under 12) in a one bedroom suite. The same week staying at the Stöten Mitt Apartments on self-catering basis costs from £655 pp (with an option to upgrade to half board). The prices include return flights (from London) and transfers or car hire. For more information, visit: www.skisafari.com/sweden/stoten. Trip departs on 11 February. (Book by 23 August 2017)

For more information contact Ski Safari on 01273 224 062 or visit www.skisafari.com

Share Heaven:Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookGoogle+Share on LinkedInPin on Pinterest