With Christmas firmly in the air, my team of little helpers have been busy embracing the festive spirit and making our clients very merry indeed this month.
However, we’ve met a few bah humbugs on our travels. So if you’re still struggling to believe how soon Santa Claus will be coming to town and fear the mistletoe and wine aren’t hitting the spot quite yet, perhaps our reminder of everyone’s favourite yuletide activities will help sprinkle a little seasonal joy your way.
1.Decking the halls: Our decorations went up the moment our calendars said hello to December. And whilst we may not have any boughs of holly, it’s still looking pretty darned festive chez Heaven Publicity.
2. Advent calendars: Because you really are never too old for one. Fact.
3. Buying gifts: Santa may be making his list and checking it twice, but I can’t help loving buying people presents I know they’ll love – regardless of whether they’ve been naughty or nice.
4. Christmas trees: With a smell that transports you straight to alpine forests, there’s something rather magical about choosing a tree, smothering it in fairy lights and getting it dressed all nicely in its ornamental outfit.
5. Dreaming of a white Christmas: When you have so many ski clients, this comes pretty naturally. And the forecast’s looking promising so here’s to a great season in our favourite winter wonderland. Let it snow!
6. Carols: Whilst the rest of the year we may fight over our favourite radio station, it’s a no-brainer at this time – Christmas classics all the way.
7. Gin-gle bells: The travel industry’s a joyously social one, so the countdown to Christmas is a great excuse to get together – and to get into the festive spirit.
8. Festive trimmings: Whether you’re brussels sprouts’ biggest fan, love nothing better than tucking into Christmas pudding or are hoping you’ll find a fancy hamper under the tree, there’s one thing you can count on at this time of year – an absolute feast.
9. Christmas jumpers: There aren’t many things in my wardrobe with such a limited shelf-life so some of us need little encouragement to wear our guilty pleasure at this time of year.
10. Ice skating: If we can’t be coasting down the slopes, then gliding around one of London’s magnificent ice rinks is probably the next best thing. And with Hampton Court Palace’s outdoor ice rink on our doorstep, it’d be rude not to.
11. The office Christmas party: We had ours a few days ago at one of our favourite local pubs and a tinsel-tastic time was definitely had by all, including some of our much-loved media pals who came along to wish us a merry Christmas.
12. Classic Christmas movies: What better way to bring about some holiday cheer than with the umpteenth viewing of a feel-good festive film. Whether you choose It’s a Wonderful Life, The Muppet Christmas Carol or Scrooged, swap popcorn for mince pies and enjoy.
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas from all of us at Heaven Publicity and we look forward to working with you in 2017.
If you’d like to find out how Heaven Publicity’s creative and results-driven approach could help give your brand the exposure it deserves in the New Year, drop me a line.